Wednesday 18 May 2011

Work FOTD - Featuring NYC and P2

Hi Peeps!

Hope you're all having a smashing week! I know I haven't written a blog post in forever but I really want to get back into it. So, I thought I'd ease myself in with a quick post about the makeup I wore to work today!

(Contain yourselves, I know it's pretty exciting!)

Quick side note, my x on my keyboard is sticking, which is weird....

Anywho... back to my FOTD (that stands for face of the day, if you didn't already know!). I always find it interesting to know what makeup people wear day to day, to work etc, so thought maybe some of you might find it interesting too! Whether it be out of pure nosy-ness (is that a word?) or to get some inspiration, I hope you enjoy!

The photos aren't the best quality but I'm hoping to invest in a camera that focuses soon so the quality should improve, bear with me!


This is the NYC Metro Quartet in 815A 'The Best of Broadway'. I used the bottom right shade all over my lid, the far left shade on the outer half of my lid and in the crease, and the top right shade in the outer corner just to deepen it up and add some more dimension. These shadows aren't the most pigmented ever but they are pigmented enough, if that makes sense! Great for a neutral look and for work, hence why I chose to wear them today! NYC is a pretty inexpensive brand, I believe I bought this at Superdrug. Checking on Superdrug's website now, these are currently £2.99 reduced from £4.09 so get yours quick if you want one extra cheap!







(Do you like my attractive blue/grey carpet background here? Stylish I know...)
Ok, so this is what I used on my lower waterline. This is the Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Black and it is the best eyeliner ever! I am in love with this product at the moment and have been wearing it pretty much every day since I got it. In fact I didn't wear any black eyeliner on Monday this week and I felt like I looked really weird! I'm just so used to wearing it now that it's become a necessity! This is the creamiest and most pigmented liner I've ever tried, way better than the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero, which is just ok to me, but some people love. It is quite smudgy though (the Milani, in case anyone's confused at this point) and can transfer but I can put up with that when it's just so darn black, love it! I was actually sent this by a friend of mine who lives in America. I have seen very few Milani products in the UK so I'm not sure where or if us Brits can get one of these. Sorry!


These are the two blushers I used. The top one is the 2True Cheek 'n' Lip Tint, it doesn't appear to have a shade name or number, it just says 'Rose tinted stain for lips and cheeks'. When I first bought this product I did not like it. However I was simply using it wrong. It comes with a brush applicator attached to the lid (like a nail varnish), and I simply dotted the product onto my cheeks with the brush and then proceeded to try and blend it with my fingers. Because this is a stain it dried pretty fast, too fast to apply it using this method, so I was left with spotty, blotchy cheeks, never a good look. I now know the best way to work with this is to put the lid with the brush to one side, put my finger over the bottle opening, and tip! You then have a good amount of product on your finger and can then go ahead and apply this to the cheeks! I used about three 'tips', and used a kind of patting motion to blend it in. I didn't rub it in as I didn't want to rub away my foundation! You will get stained fingers applying it in this way but it washed off pretty easily. As a result of this method I now love this product, it's a gorgeous colour and it will last all day, even with my oily skin. (£1.99 from Superdrug).


The second blush I used was a powder blush from Elf called 'Glow'. I just applied this on top with a blush brush. (Apparently this is a good dupe for NARS Orgasm, I've never tried that so I couldn't confirm or deny, this is £1.50 from www.eyelipsface.co.uk).



P2 Ko Lipstick swatch


Next Pour Femme Couture Moisturising Lip Gloss (top), and P2 Ko Lipstick (bottom)







These are the items I used on my lips! P2 lipstick in Ko (the 'o' in Ko actually has an umlaut over it but I don't know how to type one of those!). P2 is a German brand and this was sent to me by a friend of mine in Germany, I'm pretty sure they don't sell these products in any other country. If you can get your hands on them though I would highly recommend them, they are some of the creamiest lipsticks, evah! (I can spell, I was just saying it in a southern accent, obvs...). Highly pigmented, and really moisturising, I love these lipsticks.

The lipgloss was given to me one Christmas as a gift set of smellies, it's from Next and is a very light shimmery pink.

I applied both of these products with my fingers as the lipstick is a bit too full on for work when applied straight from the tube, I also didn't want to get lipstick on my lipgloss applicator so I applied that with my fingers too (just to the centre of my lips to create the illusion of fuller lips).




And this is the finished look!

Hope you found this interesting/helpful/informative? Let me know what you think of the completed look and/or any of the products I used, and thanks for reading! :)

PS Check out my YouTube channel for a video of me creating this makeup look, coming soon! (www.youtube.com/librakitten16)

No comments:

Post a Comment