Sunday 22 May 2011

NOTD ft Elf Matte Finisher Nail Polish

I love matte nail varnish. Unfortunately though they are very hard to come across. Revlon have a few but even those are hard to find. That's why I decided to buy a matte top coat, and with the Elf one being only £1.50 (from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk) there's no excuse not to give it a go! You use this as a top coat, and it transforms a regular glossy nail varnish into a matte finish nail varnish.

Below are some pictures of the nail varnish combination I'm wearing today, using the Elf Matte Finisher Nail Polish as a top coat.

P2 Color Victim Nail Polish in 290 Call Me! (Two Coats)

Elf Matte Finisher Nail Polish (One Coat)

Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener (Used as a base coat - one coat)


I really like the effect this product gives, and it is a much cheaper alternative than buying lots of individual matte nail varnishes.

Do you have this product or any other matte top coat products? What do you think of matte nail varnishes in general?

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. That's fab! I'll have to buy some when I get back from Aus! Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! I was in Superdrug yesterday and quite a few brands make these matte top coats though, although maybe not as cheap as Elf! Thanks for reading! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I awarded you with the stylish blogger award!!! :D

    http://madammempresents.blogspot.com/2011/06/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how i feel about matte nail varnish. I love when i put my topcoat on and my nails SHINE! Makes them look so healthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the purple color!!

    http://frugalbiggirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete